What is DNS?
- Short for Domain Name System (or Service or Server). It is used to direct a 'domain name' to the correct ip location. In short, it acts like google map app or waze app on your mobile, it directs you to the correct location.
Why are we getting DNS error?
- There are alot of reasons on why a DNS error may occur, but in simple terms, the DNS provider that your computer is connected to, could not locate the correct location for the 'domain name'
What is DNS propagation?
- Dns propagation is a term used when a new DNS settings is set and it tries to propagate to all DNS providers across the world. When a website changed their DNS settings, it may take up to 48 hours to propagate across the globe. So some users may access the site earlier than you depending on your location.
What to do?
-First step to check if you encounter a DNS error is to isolate the issue.
-- Visit http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/bitsler.com or http://currentlydown.com/bitsler.com
-If the status says that bitsler.com is up then we can say that the issue is isolated to either your location/ip address/dns/device.
-If the status says that bitsler.com is down, then you are not alone. It is down for everyone.
-Try some steps below
Try another browser
-try using different browsers such as chrome or firefox. If it works on atleast one, then you will probably need to clean the cache of the affected browser.
Try another device
-try using different computer or mobile If it works on atleast one that is connected on the same network as the affected device, then you probably need to clean/flush your device dns cache.
Restart your modem/router
-restarting your modem connection may give you a different ip address that may work. Just unplug the device, wait for 10 seconds and plugit back in.
Change your DNS
-You can use free dns services offered by other companies such as google or opendns
- google dns - https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/
- open dns - https://use.opendns.com/
Use of VPN
-Try using a VPN
-Some free VPN services - http://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-free-vpn
If all steps above fails. Check forum.bitsler.com and ask for help. You can also try to contact Bitsler support on their social accounts: